Preis auf Anfrage
At the end of the Middle Ages, Merlinge was a group of about six rural buildings. In the 16th century, the first fortified house of Merlinge was added, which was replaced in 1645 by the present Merlinge Castle. During the Reformation, Merlinge was a refuge for libertines. In the 18th century, the old rural dwellings all disappeared and the entire land was incorporated into the seigneury.
Having fallen into disrepair during the 19th century, the estate was bought back and restored at the beginning of the 20th century. In 1942 it became the residence of the Queen of Italy and the Italian royal family until 2005, when it was sold by her descendants.
Today the estate, built on approximately 48 hectares of agricultural land in the commune of Meinier, consists of a main building, the castle. With a total living space of approximately 1,500 sqm on 3 levels, it offers 8 bedrooms and magnificent reception rooms.
Separated by the main courtyard, two recently renovated outbuildings, totalling approximately 800 sqm, embellish the estate, including 3 flats. Numerous outbuildings complete the property: an orangery, a chapel, garden pavilions, a greenhouse, stables and a farm.
The beautifully landscaped and maintained formal gardens offer undeniable peace and privacy. A 24-metre heated swimming pool, embellished by a terrace, completes the area.
The pavilion and the former Merlinge chapel are listed as historical monuments, as are the landscaped gardens on the plot.